Please note, this will only serve as an introduction to the burpees. For more in-depth information, please check out the navigation links.
Chances are, you’ve heard of the all-venerable burpee, and you want to learn more. But in order to comprehend things a little better, I suggest you remove all preconceived notions about burpees from your mind, and just focus on what we have to say.
For starters, Burpees…
- Are NOT easy.
- WON’T get you ripped within days.
- Take a bit of practice.
With these in mind, however, you should also take a look at the glaring burpees benefits:
- They do not require any home equipment. In other words, FREE!
- The burpee CAN tone your body considerably within weeks.
- You can perform a burpee just about anywhere, and anytime. Some people like to sneak them in during their coffee breaks at work. Your choice!
- Burpees are designed to work most of the muscles in your body, making them a great choice for athletes.
- In addition to muscle-building, the burpee will enhance weight-loss and build great cardiovascular endurance.
I know you’re all excited to see how the burpees is done, but the reality is that it’s quite simple. The execution, on the other hand, is much more difficult. Here are five simple steps in completing your very own burpee:
- Squat on the ground and have your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- Adjust your body weight to the hands, and kick your feet back to the floor, resulting in the push-up position.
- Retract your feet and revert back into the squat position as before.
- Then jump straight up from the squatting position, making sure you leap as high as you can with your hands in the air.
- Rinse and repeat. See how many you can do without tiring!
Those are the basics, but we haven’t yet scraped the surface of the burpee. Please feel free to check out some of the links to learn more information, or go ahead and try your own set of burpees!